This document governs the terms under which you may access and use the application programming interface that is made available on this website (the "API"), the data transmitted through the API (the "Citymapper Content").
By accessing or using the API or Citymapper Content, you agree to be bound by this API Agreement. If you access or use the API or Citymapper Content on behalf of an entity, you represent that you have authority to bind such entity and its affiliates to this API Agreement and that it is fully binding upon them. In such case, the term "you" will refer to such entity and its affiliates. If you do not have authority, or if you do not agree with the terms of the API Agreement, you may not access or use the API or Citymapper Content.
The API is made available by Citymapper Ltd ("Citymapper") to enable you to access Citymapper Content on your website or mobile properties, including mobile apps specified in your application to receive a Citymapper API key ("Your Site"). [If you want to use the API in new or alternative website or mobile properties (including localised versions of them) you must make a separate request for each one].
Citymapper may modify the API Agreement from time to time by posting updated versions at the Citymapper website. Your continued use of the API after the API Agreement have been modified signifies your assent to the updated API Agreement. If you do not agree to the updated API Agreement or to any term within it, you must discontinue all further use of the API.
In order to access or use the API, you must first register for and receive a valid Citymapper API key. All queries sent to the API requesting data must reference your valid login credentials. You agree to keep your login credentials confidential and not to share them with any third party. You are responsible for all activities carried out using your login credentials, even if not authorised by you, unless you have told Citymapper that your credentials have been compromised.
Subject to the terms set forth in the API Agreement, Citymapper grants you a non-exclusive, revocable, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license to (i) access and use the API to receive the Citymapper Content and (ii) display the Citymapper Content on Your Site, both only in response to a Site user's requesting journey recommendations and information through your Site.
You agree that you will remove from display and destroy any Citymapper Content within twenty-four (24) hours upon email or other written request from Citymapper.
For each independent section on your Site that displays Citymapper Content, you agree to place a small Citymapper logo and the phrase "powered by Citymapper" in letters next to at least the first instance of the Citymapper Content.
Each time that information about a journey between two points is displayed using Citymapper Content a link to the Citymapper page which presents the full results for this particular journey shall be displayed next to the Citymapper Content.
As a condition of your access to the API, you agree that you will not:
1. cache, record, pre-fetch, or otherwise store any portion of the Citymapper Content, or attempt or provide a means to execute any "bulk download" operations;
2. modify the Citymapper Content, or use it to update or create your own database of transport related information;
3. use the API on behalf of any third party;
4. display Citymapper Content in a manner that could reasonably imply an endorsement, relationship or affiliation with or sponsorship between you or a third party and Citymapper, other than your permitted use of the API under the terms of the API Agreement;
5. copy, rent, lease, sell, transfer, assign, sublicense, dissemble, reverse engineer or decompile, modify or alter any part of the API (other than to the limited extent, if any, permitted by applicable law notwithstanding contractual prohibition);
6. modify the Citymapper Content;
7. use the API in a manner that impacts the stability of Citymapper's servers or impacts the behavior of other applications using the API;
8. display the Citymapper Content on any site that disparages Citymapper or its products or services, or infringes any Citymapper intellectual property or other rights;
9. use the API or Citymapper Content in any manner or for any purpose that may violate any law or regulation, or any right of any person including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy and/or rights of personality, or which otherwise may be harmful (in Citymapper's sole discretion) to Citymapper, its providers, its suppliers, end users of this website, or your end users; or
10. use the API or Citymapper Content in connection with or to promote any products, services or materials that are unlawful, promote unlawful activities or constitute, promote or are used for the purpose of dealing in: spyware, adware and/or other malicious programs or code; counterfeit goods; prostitution; unsolicited mass distributions of e-mail ("spam"); or which contain unlawful, offensive or malicious content including hate materials, harassing, racist, sexist, homophobic, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive or otherwise offensive content.
6. Proprietary Rights
The API and Citymapper Content remains the sole and exclusive property of Citymapper and are protected by applicable intellectual property laws throughout the world. You agree that at no time during or after the termination of the API Agreement will you attempt to register any trademarks (including domain names) or use any trademarks or logos or look and feel that are the same as or are confusingly similar in any way to those of Citymapper Content or challenge the validity of Citymapper's intellectual property rights in the Citymapper Content or the Citymapper brand.
Citymapper reserves the right, for any reason or for no reason and at any time without notice or liability, to suspend or terminate (in Citymapper's absolute discretion) all your rights under the API Agreement. Upon any termination of the API Agreement, you will promptly delete and remove all calls to the API from all web pages, applications, and other software under your control; promptly destroy and remove from all computers, hard drives, networks and other storage media all copies of the API and/or any Citymapper Content.
You agree that your use of the API is at your own risk and you agree to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Citymapper, its affiliates, directors and employees from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and fees (including reasonable attorneys' fee) arising from, or in any way related to your use or implementation of the API or of any Citymapper Content obtained from the API. You will not agree to any settlement that imposes any obligation on Citymapper without Citymapper's prior consent.
9. No Warranties; No Support
CITYMAPPER WILL MAKE THE API AVAILABLE WITH REASONABLE CARE AND SKILL. OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THE API AGREEMENT, CITYMAPPER PROVIDES THE API AND ANY CONTENT INCLUDED THEREIN FOR USE ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THEY CANNOT BE CUSTOMIZED TO FULFILL THE NEEDS OF EACH AND EVERY USER. CITYMAPPER HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND OTHER TERMS AND REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, FEATURES, QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT COMPATIBILITY, PERFORMANCE, SECURITY OR ACCURACY.
Additionally and without derogating from the above clause, Citymapper disclaims any warranties relating to the accuracy of the Content, transport directions or service status presented or displayed in the API. You agree and acknowledge that you assume full, exclusive and sole responsibility for the use of and reliance on the API and the Citymapper Content, and you further agree and acknowledge that your use of or reliance thereof is made entirely at your own risk.
10. Limitation of Liability
THE API IS BEING PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE. ACCORDINGLY, YOU AGREE THAT CITYMAPPER, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES AND SUPPLIERS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY (IN CONTRACT, TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, MISREPRESENTATION OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON) WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM OR BASED ON YOUR USE OF, THE API OR FOR ANYTHING YOU OR ANY OF YOUR USERS DO OR ARE UNABLE TO DO IN CONNECTION WITH THE API OR IN RELIANCE ON ANY CITYMAPPER CONTENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL CITYMAPPER OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES AND SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE (IN CONTRACT, TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, MISREPRESENTATION OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON) TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE API.
WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE FOREGOING, IF FOR ANY REASON A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION CONSIDERS THAT CITYMAPPER SHOULD BE LIABLE UNDER THE API AGREEMENT THEN:
(A) ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE API AGREEMENT (IN CONTRACT, TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, MISREPRESENTATION OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON) MUST BE BROUGHT WITHIN (1) YEAR AFTER THE OCCURRENCE OF THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIM. IF SUCH CLAIM IS NOT FILED, THEN THAT CLAIM IS PERMANENTLY BARRED; AND
(B) IN NO EVENT WILL CITYMAPPER'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY (IN CONTRACT, TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, MISREPRESENTATION OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON) WHATSOEVER (IN CONTRACT, TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, MISREPRESENTATION OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON) WHATSOEVER EXCEED £1,000.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude our liability to you for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability that may not, under English law, be limited or excluded.
11. Choice of Law
Any claim, controversy or dispute arising out of or relating to the API Agreement ("Claim") will be governed by English law and you agree that any dispute between you and Citymapper regarding the API or otherwise in connection with the API Agreement will only be dealt with by the English courts, provided that nothing shall prevent us from bringing proceedings to protect our intellectual property rights before any competent court.
The API Agreement contains the entire agreement between you and Citymapper regarding the use of the API, and with the exception of any statements made fraudulently, supersede any prior agreement between you and Citymapper on such subject matter. You acknowledge that in entering into the API Agreement you have not relied on any statement, representation or misrepresentation made but not expressly contained in the API Agreement.
Sections 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and this 14 will survive any expiration or termination of this API Agreement for any reason.